Over 50 Years of History - Remember When.....
In 1955 the Indian River Men’s Bowling Association (IRMBA) was formed and in 1958 the North Brevard Men’s Bowling Association was formed. Early in 1960 plans were underway to merge the two associations. The merger was completed in 1962. The combined associations were called the Brevard County Men’s Bowling Association (BCMBA) and would cover all of Brevard County.
In 1978 BCMBA changed its name to Florida Space Coast Bowling Association (FSCBA) to highlight the space program at that time and to identify itself as to where it was in Florida.
Altogether there have been 31 Presidents, five Association Secretaries and three Executive Directors that has served this association.
WHEN BOWLING CENTERS OPENED
1952 – Bowl-Mor Lanes opened with 12 lanes.
1954 – Beach Bowl opened with 12 lanes.
1955 – Patrick AFB Lanes opened with 6 lanes, in 1965 add 20 more.
1958 – Titus Bowl opened with 12 lanes, in 1960 added 4 more.
1960 – Cocoa Bowl-A-Rama opened with 24 lanes.
1961 – Palace Bowl, Melbourne, opened with 36 lanes.
1961 – Satellite Beach opened with 24 lanes and later added 12 more.
1963 – River Lanes opened with 16 lanes, in 1965 added 8 more.
1964 – Shore Lanes, Merritt Island, opened with 40 lanes.
1965 – First Baptist Church, Merritt Island, opened with 4 lanes.
1972 – Port Malabar Lanes opened with 24 lanes.
1983 – Harbour Lanes, Melbourne, opened with 40 lanes.
1988 – Shore Lanes Palm Bay (Formally “Brevard Bowling Center”), opened with 40 lanes.
1991 – Space Bowl, Rockledge, opened with 32 lanes.
The following centers, do not know when they opened.
**Gateway Lanes in Titusville.
**Eau Gallie Lanes in Melbourne.
Currently there are 6 bowling centers that the FSCBA services.
River Lanes - Titusville
Shore Lanes Merritt Island
First Baptist Church - Merritt Island
Patrick Commons - Patrick AFB
Brunswick Harbour Lanes - Melbourne
Shore Lanes Palm Bay